Negril Education Environment Trust (N.E.E.T) is a community based non-profit, non governmental organisation. N.E.E.T’s mission is to strengthen the social fabric of Jamaica through:
- Programs that expand educational access for children and adults
- Introduction and promotion of computer literacy through computer distribution and education
- Partnerships that address our public and environmental health
- Events and activities that celebrate Jamaica’s rich heritage
To become beneficiaries of NEET's computer distribution, the following requirements are necessary:
- In hot areas, an air conditioning unit must either be present or a commitment to acquire a unit must be provided
- Proper electricity feed and voltage is necessary to ensure maximum longevity of the donated equipment
- Internet access/connection is recommended
- A person suitable for teaching information technology must be available to provide instruction
- The cost of handling and transportation must be absorbed by the beneficiary (i.e.: institutions and non-students)
- There must be a plan in place to have community members benefit from the donated computers
- A written quarterly report is expected from institutions
The recipient must agree to the following:
- The NEET logo must be displayed at the institution/organisation
- The institution will assist with any promotional exercise that NEET is involved with.
- NEET reserves the right to mention such institution/organisation for promotional purposes.
- NEET must have a link to the institution/organisation's website
All repairs and upgrades after delivery of computers are the sole responsibility of the recipient.